1. To give athletes (with the dream of completing the Kona Ironman) not only the opportunity to complete the Kona Ironman World Championship Course one time… but five times in five days!
2. To give athletes the opportunity of a lifetime to push & test their physical & mental limits against the toughest ultra-triathlon in Kona, Hawaii… and to be one of only a handful of elite athletes to have completed it.
3. To give athletes the opportunity to see the beauty of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii (volcanoes, lava fields, coral reefs, beaches, sunrises, and amazing sunsets)… all from a unique and unforgettable perspective.
4. To develop a spirit of comradery and mutual support among all the athletes… with the goal to see how many athletes we can get to the finish… NOT who finishes first.
5. To build life-long friendships with some amazing athletes and super kind & positive people.
WHEN IS THE NEXT KONA FIVE?
November 10-18, 2018
WHAT IS THE EVENT SCHEDULE?
November 10, Saturday – Athletes Arrive
November 11, Sunday – Pre-Event Prep > Pre-Event Group Dinner.
November 12, Monday – Day 1 – Bike > Swim > Run
November 13, Tuesday – Day 2 – Bike > Swim > Run
November 14, Wednesday – Day 3 – Bike > Swim > Run
November 15, Thursday – Day 4 – Bike > Swim > Run
November 16, Friday – Day 5 – Bike > Swim > Run
November 17, Saturday – Post-Event Group Dinner >Post-Event Pack Up
November 18, Sunday – Athletes Depart
HOW MUCH IS THE ENTRY FEE AND WHAT DOES IT PROVIDE?
$2950 USD provides the following:
– Coaching & Guidance by Event Founder & Director ~ Keith Rieger
– Shuttle Service to & from the Kona International Airport and the Kona Five House
– Lodging in the Kona Five House for 9 days / 8 nights
– Pre-Event Dinner and Post-Event Brunch
– Basic Foods & Drinks (athletes will have the opportunity to purchase their own specialty food & drinks)
– Kona Five Swag (backpack, water bottle, swim cap, t-shirt, visor, hat, etc.)
– Finisher Award
WHEN CAN YOU APPLY?
We are currently accepting applications for the November 10-18, 2018 event.
HOW MANY PARTICIPANTS WILL WE ACCEPT?
We are planning on having a maximum of 5 athletes participate.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN POTENTIAL PARTICIPANTS?
We are looking for kind & positive people… with “we not me” attitudes… and significant “never-quit” triathlon resumes.
WHAT STEPS ARE INVOLVED IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
Step 1 – APPLICATION – Submit the contact form below and tell us why you want to do this event and how you fit the type of athlete we are looking for. In turn, you will receive a confirmation email from us that we have received your application.
Step 2 – INTERVIEW – If we have spots still open and we deem you would be a suitable candidate, we will email you to arrange a 15 minute interview.
Step 3 – REVIEW – We will do a final review of your qualifications and then let you know our decision via email.
Step 4 – AGREEMENT – If you are offered a spot in our event, we will forward an Athlete Agreement for you to review & sign.
Step 5 – ENTRY FEE – A $1000 deposit is due within 15 days of you receiving the Athlete Agreement. The remaining $1950 is due by August 1st. All payments are non-refundable.
For applications, sponsorship, or press inquiries, submit the form below and we will respond ASAP.